Publishing conditions for graduate students, doctoral students and applicants for the scientific degree of candidate and doctor of science
Personality. Culture. Society is an international journal of social and humanitarian sciences, which has been published since 1999 and is published under the stamp of the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Russian Philosophical Society. The journal is one of the periodicals recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission of Russia for the publication of works by applicants for the scientific degree of Doctor and Candidate of Sciences in the specialties “Philosophy”, “Culturology” and “Sociology”.
The journal is funded by the funds of the universities – co-publishers. Given the level of responsibility that lies with the editorial staff of the journal, we were obliged to introduce clear rules for the selection of materials for their subsequent publication in the journal.
All materials submitted to the editorial office are divided into 5 categories:
- scientific translations (publishing costs are paid by the editorial staff of the journal at the expense of the co-publishers);
- reviews of scientific literature (publishing costs are paid by the editorial staff of the journal);
- articles by famous scientists who have received recognition from the scientific community (publishing costs are paid by the editorial staff of the journal);
- initiative articles and materials from graduate students and applicants, submitted to the editorial office on the basis of an open competition (publishing costs are paid by the editorial office of the journal at the expense of the co-publishers);
- custom-made articles and materials from graduate students and applicants, published under the terms of agreements with universities or other scientific and educational institutions (materials are published at the expense of universities or other scientific organizations representing the authors).
We are a non-commercial journal (we do not advertise or publish other commercial materials). However, we have a long-term and successful practice of concluding cooperation agreements with universities (other scientific and educational institutions) that are interested in publishing articles by their applicants, graduate students and doctoral students and are ready to share publishing costs with the editorial board of the journal. We suggest you (your supervisor or head of the department) apply to graduate school (doctoral studies), scientific department or directly to the management of your university for recommendations and organizational support.
Postgraduate students and applicants wishing to be published in our journal must take into account the following conditions:
1. Prepare an article in accordance with the requirements of the editorial office for the design of materials and send it to the email address of the editorial office together with a package of documents (recommendation of the university signed by the rector or vice-rector for science; review of the doctor of sciences, who is not the scientific advisor or consultant of the applicant). We draw your attention to the fact that articles and materials that have not received a recommendation from a university (scientific institution) are accepted on a general basis, i.e. are reviewed directly by the editorial board of the journal.
2. After receiving the article and attached documents from your institution, the editorial board of the journal conducts a scientific examination (review) of the content and quality of the article.
3. The procedure for further work with your article (other material) is as follows:
a) discussion of the material at a meeting of the editorial board of the journal;
b) in case of rejection of the material for reasons of its insufficient quality or non-profile (in this case, the author retains the right to provide another article);
c) if the material is recommended for publication with comments, it is sent to the author for revision;
d) if the editorial board recommends the material for publication without significant comments, it is sent for editing and prepress, and the author is sent (at his request) a positive opinion of the editorial board;
e) the approximate terms of publication of the material in the journal – from 3 to 6 months , depending on its topic and relevance, as well as the publishing capabilities (“portfolio”) of the editorial office. The editorial board of the journal is not responsible for violation of the deadlines for the timely provision of materials and cannot guarantee the exact date of their publication.
The editorial board of the journal Personality. Culture. Society